Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Smoking

Monday we had a slug fest!  Neither one of us had any desire to go outside.  It was cold.  It was overcast. And it was drippy.  All day I kept thinking it would rain, but noooo.  Just drip drip drip.  I did manage to take my plants out of the compartment but that was the extent of our outings.

I read the following statement yesterday and I wondered who, where, how and what about the stats.  I'm sure it was government funding.  But who thought gathering this information was necessary and how did they go about it?  Robo Calls?  Door to door? Nah that would require a lot of manpower to cover random pockets of people in every state.  And how much was spent on gathering this information?  Could that money be better utilized elsewhere?  Boggles my mind.  I'm glad Americans are giving up the habit!



"The good news is that tobacco smoking is declining globally, including in the United States. The bad news is that about 15.1% of the adults in this country still smoke regularly. West Virginia leads all states in the percentage of adults who still smoke cigarettes, according to state-by-state figures released by the CDC. With 26.0% of adults smoking, West Virginia is ahead of second-place Kentucky (24.6% smokers) and third-place Louisiana (23.1% smokers). Utah holds its place as the state with the lowest adult smoking rate: 8.9%"


My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
14 January 2020 9 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures


This is for the Christmas card challenge, Kings or Shepard's.  Echo Park and Stampin' Up!  I rather like this one, may have to make more.


This is all Stampin' Up!  I get a paper share every month with enough goodies to make several cards.  The card bases are lace fronts.  By putting color behind it you get a lovely card.  I have more to make.  I stamped the hello and fussy cut some flowers to decorate the sentiment.  Quite feminine don't you think?


Did you watch the Clemson/LSU game?  I went to bed with a quarter left to play. Jim stayed up. I'm pleased LSU won.  Did you notice how many of the young men had extensive tattoos on their arms?  Do you have any idea of how much it costs to get a tattoo?  These young men are in College which isn't cheap.  Perhaps funded by parents and scholarships.  Maybe some even work part time jobs.  Who's paying for these tattoos?  I'm sure mom and dad aren't!  This leads to another question.  When do they find time to get the tattoo  and allow for the healing process?  Maybe during the summers...

I don't understand the need to get a tattoo.  Do you?  My money is better spent elsewhere.


All is right in our world




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!