Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Busy busy busy

For the most part we have a very simple life.  Not much that we need.  Groceries being the main purchase.  But our truck is old and it is showing it's age.  

I think it was Thursday....Boo had a groomer date so we dropped him off at 0900.  Since we had to leave so early I suggested to Jim we could do breakfast before we picked up the truck.  Yes!  it's ready!  

Because it's raining and nasty and our truck can hicup and die on wet roads,  Jim said I should drive the rental car, a Chevy Cruise.  So joy of joys I drive this tiny vehicle into San Antonio taking directions from Jim (?) as he guides me to Cracker Barrel.  

Jim loves breakfast which he rarely gets at home so he ordered three meats, eggs, that cheese casserole, biscuits and gravy with a side of grits.  Coffee was his choice of drink.  I had eaten a bowl of cereal at home so I ordered tomato juice and a bowl of grits.  I also ate half a biscuit and Jim's bowl of grits.  Jim was beginning to slow down his eating and hadn't touched his ham, so I ate that too.

From there I drove us to get the truck.  We transferred our belongings to the truck and soon we were on our way home.  First stopping at Wally World to use our gift cards from the phone purchase and filled both vehicles.  Then we drove to Enterprise and turned in the rental.  Good little car but yikes it was difficult to get in and out of. Quick stop at HEB, right next door and finally we go home.  But as we're driving we get the call to pick up Boo.  Just a wee bit of backtracking and we were united as a family.

Now it's time to go home!

I forgot to update you on our digital thermostat.  On Tuesday the repairman arrived and Jim explained everything he'd done to restore power to the unit.  Did you know there's a switch in the AC unit itself?  Anyway, up on the roof he checks and lo and behold a pesky squirrel had chewed the wiring.  In all our years on the road this has never been a problem.  Once the wires were replaced it worked just fine!


My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
18 January 2020 12 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures


I get a monthly paper share from Lovin' Stampin' and these three cards are part of that kit.  Pretty lacy cards with pretty papers.  All Stampin' Up!


My tomato.  I can't believe I nursed this through the cold spells and will continue to do so!  Made a decent BLT


Yesterday Jim didn't get up until 1030.  So we had a odd day.  I fixed spaghetti for my lunch, his breakfast and then we headed out to pick up Jim's new  glasses at Sam's Club.  Easy enough and we bout some bread and socks.

Needing to replace some throw rugs we then drove to Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Found what we needed then headed home.  About halfway there the truck was emitting a smell and a wobble.  Jim pulled over and determined it was a tire...remember we just got new tires.  Drove to the place that we purchased them from and they looked at it.  Turns out that aluminum rims don't last forever!  The valve stem was corroded and air leaked out of the tire.  They fixed it as best they can and we'll get new wheels soon.  They've been ordered.  If it isn't one thing it's another!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!