Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

Retirement

Thursday our day started with overcast skies and dampness.  It rained around 0500.  It was chilly but the dampness made it feel colder.  

I have found that since 'we' retired that it can be difficult to remember what day of the week it is.  We don't have set days to do chores or be anywhere so the days just get jumbled.  Except for washing the bed linens...I always do them on Friday.  So yesterday morning I stripped the bed then learned it was Thursday.  Oh well...

I've decided to challenge myself again to 500 cards this year.  I enjoy playing with my papers and mailing them out.  

2 January 2020 1 card


Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays a email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet in the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

I belong to a group on Facebook that has a different Christmas theme each week.  The purpose is to have a stash of cards for the Holiday.  This weeks theme is landscape.  After mentally reviewing my paper I remembered this lovely paper from Stampin' Up!  The stamp is Echo Park.  Quick and easy


Laundry and dishes were my chores today.  Leftovers from yesterday for lunch.  After I cleaned up we headed out and made a stop at the library.  I donated a magazine.  They have a free rack and it's a good way recycle.  If you have a library nearby, check it out!  They do all sorts of things beside lending books.

Then it was off to Barnes and Nobles just for fun.  I did find a magazine from Forks over Knives that I wanted but put back.  Just a want not a need.  I guess we spent an hour there.  Jim read a magazine. On the way home we stopped in at Salvation Army but I didn't find anything to buy.

By the time we headed home the sun was starting to come out.  It was wonderful to see the sun after a couple of grey days.

While at the library we picked up some movies and watched The DaVinci Code when we got home.  Have you ever seen it?  We loved it and seeing it again was a treat.

PBS rounded out our evening.  Military Tattoo from a couple years ago, Father Brown and Dr Blake.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!