Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Sam's Club

On Friday Jim decided to get his head eyes examined.  So it was back to Sam's Club where they have an on site Optometrist.  He had to wait a bit so he got to talking to the AT&T guy selling phone plans.  Switch from Verizon and get free phones.  Say what?  It all sounded like a good idea but we needed to think on it a bit.  After all we have a good plan with Verizon with military discount and 30g of data.

Anyway time for the exam and indeed he needs new glasses, so back inside he picked out frames and lenses and signed on the line.  Our Plus membership got him a 20% drop in price.  While their selection of frames was small there were various price points.  I think I saw a tag of $159 on one frame.  As always the lenses can be expensive, his were $80 each.  Again not as high as other places.  And they have a two year warranty.  



During the exam they dilated his eyes so he walked around Sam's a bit to get his bearings.  Said he wasn't seeing close up very well.  

On the way out of Sam's we stopped at the kiosk again and talked some more.  Not only were the phones free, there were gift cards involved.  For each phone you get $150 gift card and when the old phones were mailed to AT&T you get another $200 per phone.  Total, that's $700 of gift cards and FREE Phones!  I needed to check our money situation so we headed to lunch.

During lunch Jim checked the value of the phones (still trying to convince me) and reminding me I 'could' use a new phone as mine was getting old.  Also our monthly bill would be slightly less.  And did I mention the phones were free?

So back to Sam's club to take advantage of this deal.  We are now the proud owners of Samsung Galaxy S10+.  We have the $300 in gift cards to be used in Sam's or Walmart.  What's really remarkable to me is all our apps and photos were transferred over and we just need to log in on those.

Not sure if this deal is available nationwide but if you're looking for a phone and you are a member of Sam's go check it out.

Boo sure was happy to see us when we returned home.  It was past his dinner time!  Got him fed and then we settled in playing working with our new phones.  I think we'll both need covers.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the camera works.  Pictures should be better!  

All is right in our world

2 comments:

  1. Sherri got a new phone and Kris got her old one. I got a free phone several months ago. I still miss my old flip phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've had a flip phone. But they are an important part of our lives

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!