Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Here's to February!


I’m telling you, it’s Spring! Beautiful days with temperatures between 60-70.  The afternoon heats up the house almost to 85.  But exhaust fans and opening windows help with that.  

Jim has gotten outside and done chores. Still takes him longer to do something because he stops to rest, but he’s recovering quicker and not huffing and puffing.

Our truck has been expensive this month! The black beastie is old so it’s expected but financially I’d have liked to spread out the repairs.  First the engine work.  Then the rims because of the corroded rims.   Oops,  still need to get a picture! When they removed one of the front tires they split it.  They paid for it and Jim got a new tire for the other side. Then the brakes which Pep Boys took care of.  

I’m looking for no expenses in February....


My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
30 January 2020  21 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures


Call Me Crafty Al posts a SheetLoad of Cards sketch each month.  This is the January 2020 sketch.  All instructions are posted on a printout and she makes it look easy on YouTube.  

Here I used Echo Park patterned papers, chipboard and stickers on Stampin' Up! cardstock. 






Another front has come through with rain the night before last.  It was cooler yesterday and overnight it was chilly.  But not freezing and that's always good.  

We headed to the Library yesterday and picked up some DVDs.  Already watched one movie....Battleship.  Parts of it looked familiar.

Made some Arroz con Pollo in the instant pot the other day and it turned out OK.  Flavor wise it's tasty, but the rice was mushy and the whole dish was very moist.  Also made some Vanilla Scones with a King Arthur mix.  It called for heavy cream and I found a vegan one!

Of course I only needed a cup so I used some in my mashed potatoes yesterday.  Decadent! I usually use almond milk or potato water.

Jim didn't want to get up this morning.  His alarm went off and he went back to bed.  I thought older people required less sleep.  I still manage 7-8 hours most nights.  Jim could sleep 12 hours or more if I let him. He's always been this way.

All is right in our world



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!