Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

It's warming up around here


Today I thought I'd give the new blogger a try.  So far I'm not convinced to use it.  Twice I've tried to change the font, size and boldness and this is what I get!  Also no spell check...

Moving on.  

We have been getting out a wee bit more.  Had a lovely lunch at Herberts in New Braunfels on Saturday.  We made the trip to go to the Wild Bird store to pick up seed for the birds.  We're seeing young ones now.

June 2nd I was seen for a consultation (I thought I was having surgery) regarding my gallbladder.  I'm a candidate for removal!  Some tests are needed and a date for said surgery is required and they will call me.  Still not scheduling non elective procedures yet.  Sigh....

I'm doing ok.  No stones since Easter, thank goodness.  But my meals are tiny, I watch what I eat and just deal with nausea and being uncomfortable some days.  My weight has dropped to around 108 pounds. Some of my clothes are to big. Smaller portions people if you want to lose that belly fat!!!  I'm scheduled to see my doctor this month, so far it's an in office visit.  I hope so because I need to find out what's hppening with my right arm.  Still weird.  I think it's a pinched nerve and some days are better than others.  Sleeping isn't fun as I can't find a comfortable position.  

It would seem I'm falling apart.  Take my advice and don't grow old!

Yesterday we reached 101 and today there is a heat advisory.  It's not even officially summer!

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
9 June 2020...138 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure


The Challenge was to use an older set of stamps to make cards.  So I did!  Stampin' Up! products used to make these bright, cheerful cards



The challenge with these cards was to make cards for the men in our lives.  Fathers Day is coming up.  I think these would work.  Again all Stampin' Up! products


So it would appear if I want to change the font, size and boldness of my text I have to go back and do it everytime I complete a section.  tedious

Our daily life is filled with normal stuff.  Chores, cooking, eating, reading and gaming.  For me I also enjoy card making.  Most days I'm working on them with my morning coffee.  If Jim naps I'll take the time and make cards. We do manage to stay indoors during the heat of the day...most of the time.  Jim still relishes going out during the hottest time of day!  Crazy man.

I hope your area is opening up and you're able to get out and enjoy.  I'm afraid masks are still required and we do use ours when necessary.  With all the restrictions in place I'm sure more and more people are going to get frustrated and we may see more protesting.  Losing our freedoms isn't going down so well with some folks.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!