Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Don't touch your face!


So, another thirty days of isolation.  I sure hope it’s helping with the spread of Covid 19.  We pretty much haven’t changed our routine. We stay home a lot anyway.  I do miss not popping into a grocery store often.  Now we wait until we have to go. How about you? Oh! Eating out ..... we both miss that.  

I never knew how often I touched my face until this virus came around and we get reminders all the time.  How often do you find yourself touching your face?  You're doing right now,  aren't you?  Stop!  Don't touch your face...unless you've just washed your hands.

Cooking has suddenly become a daily routine! Sunday I roasted a chicken for Jim.  Can’t remember the last time I did that.  So he’s all set for at least a week.  We had mashed potatoes and steamed  broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.  What a messy kitchen!  All the grease from the chicken, yuck.  Jim cooked some bacon outside for egg sandwiches etc.  He used the George Forman grill and he cleaned the grids. But again all that grease! Once the kitchen was all tidy and the grease was taken care of it started to smell better in here. Especially when I diffused some tangerine oil.  

Monday started with clouds, not one sliver of sunshine.  Jim emptied the black tank. Boo peed on the big throw rug. Now we need to find a big washing machine.  I fixed us a dinner of Spanish rice, leftover broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and some beets. Jim added some chicken to his.  My meals are small. I’ll bet it was a cup or so.  I was told to eat low/no fat and five plus times a day.  Hopefully this will help with the gallbladder issue.

The hummingbirds are back!  We searched high and low for our feeder and couldn’t find it.  I do remember it was hard to take it apart to fill and clean. I may have donated it and planned to purchase another.  Anyway, Jim ordered one from Amazon and since it isn’t a necessity it’s taking longer for it to arrive.

Speaking of necessities do you have what you need? We’ve got supplies for meals. They may get weird but they’ll be edible.  I am running out of produce.  I expect we’ll make a grocery run soon.

I’ve decided to start getting produce delivered again. Imperfect Produce has a full range of goodies and you can use this code to save http://imprfct.us/v/linda_4120.  Might be worth a try now that they’re tacked on the extra thirty days of staying home.

I’ve been trying to send two cards a day to my family and friends. I hope it makes them smile.  If you’d like to be added to my list, let me know. Heaven knows I have a lot of them!

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
30 March 2020...68 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

I love the look of these vintage cards from Pinecone Press. The fishes are my favorite. 


All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!