Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Wash your Hands


From my chair I can see a vulture sitting on the utility pole.  I wonder if he knows something I don’t? There are quite a few old people here.....

It’s been generally nasty the past few days.  A cold front is making its was through the area and we’ve had overcast,  rainy days.  Like a lot of you we are staying home.  

I ordered some groceries from HEB last week in the hopes of getting our preferred coffee cream.  
Pretty cool having a home delivery but as it was our first time, it was free. Of course I tipped the driver.  But my order was lacking in creamers, out of stock.  As we’re a couple soups.

So yesterday  we decided to go out in search of coffee cream.  First Dollar General had orange juice. Second Dollar General had creamer I could use,  but only shelf stable for Jim’s International Delight Vanilla. Picked up two boxes for him.  Last stop was Brookshires and we found my soy creamer and another flavor ID for Jim.  

Strange times my friends when you go on scavenger hunts for your preferred foods!

I forgot to mention in my last post that I had lost five pounds since the beginning of March.  Three over my painful weekend. My 31 March surgery has been pushed to 2 June.  Covid 19 strikes again! I just hope I don’t pass any more stones. There are two cases of this virus in our county. More in San Antonio, which is where the VA hospital is.

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
22 March 2020...61 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure


On one of my Facebook groups this is the latest craze. I’ve seen some lovely creations and mine pale in comparison.  Basically I used scrap paper to see if I liked the fiddling with cutting and glueing.  It’s actually quite easy so I may make more.  What do you think?  I’m pretty sure this is all Stampin’  Up!  The stamps are from the March Paper Pumpkin




New company for me on these next two cards and I love the two collections that arrived yesterday. Not my normal size card to make, 4 3/4 x 6 1/2
Pinecone Press Tropical Travelouge Cards 



Back to making Spring/Easter cards using Echo Park paper.


Our 'free wifi' is really slow and sometimes non existant.  So without further ado I'll close this blog.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!