Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Staying Home

For the past few days our weather has been delightful! Sunny skies and warm. Just the way Jim likes it. On Wednesday he was outside in his element playing in water.  Got out the power washer and went to work doing outside cleaning. Perhaps not as fast as in the past but it’s good to see him busy.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it, but Jim has an inhaler now.  The pulmonologist said it might help with his shortness of breath.  He used it before starting to work and didn't get worn out from breathing!  That's a win in my book.

Are you still hunkered down and  staying at home? We’ve been and it hasn’t been to bad.  Of course we don’t need groceries but it sure would be nice to eat out. Our restaurants are closed, offering delivery or pickup.  Haven’t tried either option. Being as far out as we are I’m pretty sure ‘free’ delivery wouldn’t be an option!  San Antonio (Bexar County) is in lockdown.   While our county, Comal is not.  We just get to stay home for the two weeks.

I’m not sure if I ever mentioned my ‘numb thumb’. For over a year my right thumb has been numb. I still have full use but I’ve had to make adjustments because I drop things. Well, in the past few months the numbness and tingling have extended to my index and middle finger and there is pain. Depending on how I turn my wrist and arm I can experience pain in my elbow and shoulder. When I talked to my doctor she said it could be carpal tunnel and a wrist splint might help.

So Amazon to the rescue. I was able to pick up one that didn’t cost much and I used my Prime points to purchase it for $2.48. I’ve slept two nights with it and it’s to early to tell if it’s helping.  Of course, if it is carpal tunnel I should stop using my right hand! Difficult to do for a right handed person.

As far as my gallbladder removal goes, it will happen.  Just not sure when.  Covid 19 is the cause for the delay.  I'm not worried but I'd rather get it over with if you know what I mean.  Meanwhile small meals and I eat them every few hours. And trying to stay away from fatty foods!  I've gained back some of the weight I lost...not sure if that's good...

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
26 March 2020...65 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

More Spring or Easter cards using Echo Park and Stampin' Up! papers.


So, what are your plans for today?  I think I'll stay home and make cards!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!