Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Rainy Day


Two days ago it was sunny and nice. We had a grocery list as long as my arm....well, maybe just my hand. So off we went to get some preferred products. Alas, not my coffee creamer. Insert big sigh here.  HEB was so much fun!  Jim dropped me off and said take your time, which I did.  First off, at the entrance there were several employees handing out wipes for the buggy’s and before you could enter a nice young man asked me to use hand sanitizer.  

My first stop is always produce and there were no empty spots. I did have to buy cherry tomatoes because they were out of compari tomatoes, our preferred for salads.  Maybe 15 people milling around shopping.  For a treat I got us each some sushi, mine vegan and Jim had California roll.

No one handing out samples, no cheese tasting. I saw some spaces in the lunch meat section.  Signage! Just about everywhere. Limits on how many you can get.  Sensible.  No eggs!  I still had some from my delivery awhile back. Checking out there were signs on the floor.  Maintaining six feet between shoppers and don’t approach until cashiers signal you. You remain at the register while your groceries are being bagged, again, to maintain distance. And almost all registers were open!  I wasn’t aware of it when I entered the store but one door was an entrance and the other was the exit. At both doors the employees greeted us and thanked us for coming. At each register was of list of out of stock items and expected delivery dates.  Quite impressive with how they’re dealing with this.  Only a handful of shoppers were wearing gloves and masks.  And way to many complaining about the lack of items.  I mean seriously, no canned green beans?  Cracks me up.  Not sure how we’ll survive without cut green beans!

Wednesday I was out of bed early.  Experiencing pain in my back and stomach like when I passed a gallstone.  Fortunately I didn’t.  But the whole day I was out of sorts, laying down often.  Wasted a perfectly sunny day! Went to bed at my usual time and slept all night.

Today is rainy so we gamed and YouTubed it.

This little guy lives next door!  Friendly too, we both gave him (her) a scratch which it enjoyed 

I didn't notice these last spring.  White Iris planted under the oaks near the office.  Just about past



My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
2 April 2020...77 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

This is a Sheetload of cards for March from Call me Crafty Al.  I picked three coordinating papers from a 12 x 12 pad and cut all the paper yesterday morning while being uncomfortable.  Then yesterday when Jim napped I glued all the papers onto the Stampin' Up! cardstock.  This morning I stamped the butterflies, punched them out and adhered it to the focal point with sentiment.


All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!