Pages

Monday, December 19, 2022

Family Time

                                It's Christmas Week and I hope all of you are able to spend time with family this time of year.  

Yesterday Jim and I enjoyed time with Sonsearae and Chris...Maui too!  When  we arrived we were met at the door by Chris and Maui...then into the kitchen to be hugged by Sonsearae and observe the goodies all laid out on the island.  Sliced meats and cheeses with crackers, celery, peppers and carrot for dipping into a peppery cheese dip.  And chocolate!  Sonsearae had stuffed some dates and drizzled (coated) with chocolate!  Leftover chocolate sprinkled with nuts and salt to make bark.  Rum balls, a recipe handed down from me, who got it from a friend many years ago.  These are made with dates, nuts and rice crispies then rolled in powdered sugar.  She also prepared some chicken wings (?) in the Instant pot and French fries baked in the oven.

We ate and snacked off these while watching football.  Saints Win!  She and I made an oil free granola.  Then Sonsearae got busy making cookies!  She likes to make her gifts and I'm telling you the cookies are my favorite...me wuvs cookies!  Snickerdoodles and a coconut cookie made with what tasted like shortbread.  We brainstormed how this recipe could be enhanced with chocolate bits, maybe some nuts.  I'm thinking the coconut could be toasted... Of course we came home with some cookies!  Yum

On the way home we stopped and picked up a bag of lemons gifted by a friend of Sonsearae.  I made some limoncello a few weeks ago that should be ready for Christmas.  Now I can make more.  As if I needed it.  But what should you do when life gifts you lemons?  Lemonade and limoncello!


                               Handmade cards Because:


No one displays an email on the mantel
or
Shows off a tweet on the refrigerator
or
Saves a Facebook Post in a box of treasures
Total for 2022
490

Using some of my pretty Stampin' Up!  DSP I made four cards.  The strips of paper are embossed to give some texture


Inside of tri fold card


First fold


Two cards using Woodland Card Kit from Club Scrap 


We had a forecast of freezing temperatures for last night.  Not sure that came about as I didn't see any frost this morning.  Still chilly outside.  Ya'll in the rest of the country are much colder!  Stay warm

All is right in our world


 I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. Teaching quick and easy card making. Follow me here or on Facebook:  Card making with Linda for more detailed instruction. To place an order, head over to my website to view the digital catalogs

https://lindagoudelock.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!