Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Brrrr I did it! Brrrr

It's Christmas Eve day!  Are you ready? I need to wrap a gift and do some baking, oven has biscuits for our breakfast.  And to warm us up...20 (feels like 13) degrees outside which isn't much by northern standards, but it is here.  Tallahassee area doesn't normally get this cold or have below freezing temperature for hours on end.  The sun has just topped the trees and while her heat will help, our forecast high is 36 degrees.

We were told to run the water last night to prevent pipes from freezing.  We did and Jim also put our space heater in the compartment near the main water valves to keep them warm.  No problem with our water overnight!  I would hate to have to deal with frozen/defrosting water lines!  I set the furnace at 55 and it did come on during the night and I'm sure it will run a lot today!

I guess we'll just have to have a cold Christmas!  Sunny clear skies so no snow.

We had to replace one of our main propane tanks.  It was an original so it was past time.  Popped into Ace Hardware and told them what we needed.  So we have a full tank as a spare for our Winter of a few days.  Hopefully we'll get back to normal after this blast of Arctic air. 


                                Handmade cards Because:


No one displays an email on the mantel
or
Shows off a tweet on the refrigerator
or
Saves a Facebook Post in a box of treasures
Total for 2022
                                                     500 +

I used Texture Chic DSP from Stampin' Up! to make these notecards.  


For a challenge we were asked to pick our favorite paper from the current catalogs to make cards.  I chose Abigail Rose!  I embossed the  panels with Timeworn Type, used alcohol markers to color the rose in Fresh Freesia

Pulled out a February 2022 kit from Echo Park to make a couple birthday cards



A challenge over at Club Scrap is responsible for these two wee cards.  I'm almost out of this paper


So there you have it.  At times I wondered if I'd make my goal of 500 cards.  I love playing with ink, stamps and pretty paper!


Merry Christmas!  I hope this holiday is filled with wonder and joy as we celebrate the Birth of Christ

                                  All is right in our world                                                              ...except this freezing weather...



 I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. Teaching quick and easy card making. Follow me here or on Facebook:  Card making with Linda for more detailed instruction. To place an order, head over to my website to view the digital catalogs

https://lindagoudelock.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!