Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

do you like bugs?

Goodness me, we’re a week into July.  Where does the time go?  Since the first of the month we’ve been shopping at Costco and HEB, Walmart too. We enjoyed a lunch out and celebrated Independence Day.  

How about you?  We’re you able to enjoy any local festivities for the 4th?  We didn’t venture out. Not sure if fireworks were scheduled,  but here in the sticks we did hear some noise.  Probably bottle rockets.  You can buy fireworks here. 

While at Costco I bought some pulled pork and scalloped potatoes. Along with some baked beans and corn on the cob that was our meal for the 4th, and for several days later!  I did freeze half of the pork.

I still don’t know if or when I’ll have my gallbladder removed. At this point I’m in no pain and the nausea I was experiencing has all but gone away.  There are more and more cases of Covid-19 popping up. So who knows when hospitals will have the time or space to do routine procedures.  Meanwhile my pcp isn’t seeing patients in real life only via phone.  The issue I’m having with my right arm is still unresolved.  Depending on how much I use it determines how much pain and discomfort I have. Sleeping is problematic as I can't get comfortable.  I have noticed that if I use it a lot I have numbness and pain for a couple days. You know when you hit your funny bone? That’s what happens to my arm.  

Jim has been helping with the dishes. For a lot of my chores I’m learning to use my left hand. But 70 plus years of being right handed has slowed down this learning process.

The noise has abated from the katydids. But we’re having fun with walking sticks! Almost daily there is one or two hanging around our front door.  This one had colorful green stripes and the other one bold bands.  


Sorry about the quality of the lower picture, I had to stand on our picnic table and zoom in to get the dude on our rig.




My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
8 July 2020...183 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

Again, these are found projects that I finished.  How about a fall card? I’ve got a head start on Autumn cards!  Pretty sure it's mostly Echo Park with Stampin' Up! card stock


I love the look of these vintage Lavender images



Our weather is getting hotter by the day.  Reaching temperatures of 100 in the afternoon.  Our Air Conditioners stay busy trying to cool us off!  It helps when we have overcast days but that doesn't happen often.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!