Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Christmas in July

I was up at 0430 this morning.  Not much going on at that hour.  We do have employed neighbors and they get up and start leaving around 0630.  That's a decent hour to rise, especially if you're retired.  But 0430 is just to early!
  
Along with my morning coffee I did squeeze in some reading and card making.  I'll share those in another blog.  

Decided to make biscuits this morning.  We love them and I figured if I made them early enough the house wouldn't stay hot so long.  Our two AC's have to work hard to maintain 80 degrees in here.  There's some left over and Jim can have gravy and biscuits tomorrow for breakfast.

After breakfast I started laundry, got dressed and made the bed.  Walked to the office to mail a card.  Did the dishes when I got back.  About an hour later I had to take a nap.  Didn't sleep all that well but at least my eyes were shut and I was prone.  

I was back up around noon with no idea of what to have for lunch.  Lots of leftovers and veggies in the fridge.  So we had a salad and spaghetti.  Jim did the dishes, bless his heart.  After a bit it was his turn to take a nap.  

It's hot here...heat advisory, so we don't venture out unless we have to.  Jim drove the trash down, big box and garbage along with recyclables. Now we're just gaming, reading or you tube watching. 



My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
9 July 2020...196 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

This card is a challenge card using using the colors of pink, red, yellow and green.  All Stampin' Up! except for the large Hibiscus.  That's a stamp I've had forever



This card also uses those same colors.  Those items in the right hand corner I cut out after stamping them.  Again All Stampin' Up! products

This card template from Jessica Taylor was fun to do.  Using  6 x 6 inch paper. All Stampin' Up! products


Are you ready for this?  
Christmas Cards in July!  Among card makers this is when we start on Holiday cards because as we all know the holidays sneak up on you.  Using a template from Crafty Al I used Stampin' Up! DSP, that's the red and green patterned paper along with Echo Park cut a parts.  All of this is from my stash and I now have a start on my Christmas cards.  It really didn't take long once I had all the paper cut.  I'm already using the same template to make more


All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!