Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

What are you Reading?

I've finished reading Dr Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes.  Why?  Because I'm pre-diabetic and have been for quite a few years.  I'm on a quest to stay off medication and so far...it's working.

One of the points he makes is the correlation between 'fats' and several diseases. Oils are full of fat!  Animal products contain bad fats that contribute to cholesterol and blood pressure problems and diabetes.  It's also is a contributing factor to heart disease.  So it makes sense to me to avoid animal products.  So why do I continue to eat foods that are bad for me?

Old habits are hard to break.  This past week I've seen my blood pressure rise and prior to that it was really normal for me for almost a month.  I have to say my diet wasn't all that great...potato chips here, popcorn there...a Philly cheese sandwich, fried foods etc etc etc.

We've also not been walking as much as we should.  The weather is hot so I avoid for that reason.  I could walk in the mornings before coffee but that disrupts my usual, habitual, lazy mornings.  I have walked a little after 1800 because it isn't so hot then...I guess I should make more of an effort.  The number on the scale has gone up too.

What have you been reading?  Check out my Library page to check out what I've been reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!