Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

Whew! It's really getting warm here

Sunday Evening

For the last three days our temperature has been in the low 100's.  Oddly enough, though it's warm the low humidity makes it tolerable..For sure you don't want to do anything strenuous.  I think that's why siestas were invented!

Today we went to lunch at a new to us restaurant.  As far as I know it was an authentic New York City Deli, with some local touches.  Jim had an omelet with chili! I had potato latke (2) which would have been enough for me, but I also ordered a Greek Salad, most of which came home with me.  It's a popular place on Sunday morning as we waited for a bit for a table.  

Afterwords we went to the mall to walk it off.  With the high temperature walking outside is a no-no during the afternoon.  

We're doing good.  Jim is slowly getting better but still tires easily.  He only does minor chores.  I think it's time to up his game.  My meds seem to working as my blood pressure is going down.  Didn't expect that.  I would prefer not taking medicines.  But for now it's part of my life.  I stay busy with my chores and making cards.  Though lately days have gone by without playing with my paper.

Most of our days are spent relaxing.  Reading, playing games and watching DVD's from the library.  We're dropping Direct TV because we just don't watch television very much.  Switching to DISH. There basic package is a bit cheaper than Direct TV and offers us the channels we like to watch.   I need the basic channels for CBS, PBS and football!  We'll see how much we watch and go from there.

We do eat out maybe a couple times a week and the trips are combined with grocery runs or trips to the library

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge
or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

10 June 2019 140 cards

These five cards are from a Club Scrap Kit with a botanical theme.  I like the soft green and butter color combination



Echo Park is offering a kit and these four cards are a start on using all the supplies included in the kit.  There's a lot!
The Floral Market kit included: 
12 sheets of 12 x 12 double sided paper
4 of these are cut aparts
1 pad of 6 x 6 double sided paper
1 sheet of 12 x 12 stickers
1 set of matching cling stamps
Enamel dots
A package of 33 ephemera
1 sheet of 6 x 12 chipboard sticker
1 tape runner
and a wee York Peppermint Patty



I've plenty to work with so check back to see what I make.  All I need to add is the coordinating Stampin' Up! card stock

Our  Bluebonnets and other wild flowers have all faded and in some areas been mowed.  Here at Spring Branch RV Park the cactus are blooming




That's about it from here.  
All is right in our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!