Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

We’re Heating Up Around Here!

We’re having a wonderful Spring.  The nights aren’t as cool compared to a week or so ago.  Most nights are in the 70’s.  Daytime temperatures are creeping higher.  Mostly 80’s and and it’s very pleasant.  Every few days one of those dad blasted fronts come through and we get a LOT of warnings and watches from the Weather Channel.  Being in Hill Country it’s it or miss on some of the nastier weather.  Nothing severe here....

We have new steps!  They were left behind when a fifth wheel pulled out.  Not sure how long they’d been here, but the steps look fairly new.  Also well made! Since the managers knew Jim planned on a deck and steps they asked if we wanted it....sure!  And it was free...

Jim did have to cut it down a few inches so the awning arm would come out and he took two days to complete it.  He tires easily and that slows him down a bit.  But he got ‘er done.  It’s really weird stepping into the rig.  My only fear is Boo can exit more easily if he wanted to.
We have moved the plants, picnic table and mat back so it looks less stark.  

Jim also built another flag holder for the hitch and our flags are flying once again.

Today I had my fasting blood work done and next week I’ll see my doctor to discuss the findings.  I’ve been taking medicine for diabetes and cholesterol...not sure it has helped much.  I believe my diet helps more and that has improved a bit this year.  Still needs work!

Jim is improving daily.  He doesn't cough nearly as often or as hard as he did a week ago.  The coughing caused him a lot of discomfort.  Still does I'm sure but this is an improvement.  Still not using his Cpap...not sure if he will again.  The scars are healing but still look nasty. I know they will fade just as his chest scar has.

My face is looking more normal day by day...but what is normal?  LOL

We've lost the plethora of birds we had.  The American Goldfinch has gone north I'm sure.  I have seen the Lesser Goldfinch, Titmouse, Cardinal and Chickadee...but not daily.  Speaking of daily, the hummingbirds come by daily!  As do the squirrels...they've figured out how to bypass the guard

All is right in our world









No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!