Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Change is Good

When we decided to come back to Texas to live it was based on several factors.  We were already registered here with the Escapees Club.  We really like the Hill Country and we found Spring Branch RV Park that we stayed at previously and like.  The rates are good, Paige and Michael are hardworking and friendly managers.  There are folks who live here and some who just stay overnight.  It's close to San Antonio and all the towns and cities we enjoy in the Hill Country.  Still need to discover more!  We are in the process of changing everything over to this new address. 

Medically we're close enough for Jim's needs and the VA has the Audie Murphy Hospital where I've been seen several times.  In the past few months we've been all over the area visiting doctors and to have procedures and tests.  

Even though our children live in Florida, we could not find an area that was reasonable in price that was close to medical (both) and city amenities.  Perhaps one day, when we get old....or should I say older?

 Meanwhile we're getting healthier!  At least I hope so.  Jim is improving daily but it was major surgery and it will take awhile for the muscles and nerves to return to a normal state.  Also, he's adjusting to life without a third of one of his lungs.  Not sure if smoking caused this cancer but if you smoke, give it up.  Jim gave up cigarettes in the 80's and this small spot just showed up.  His shortness of breath happened recently and we pressed the doctor for answers.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge
or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

16 May 2019 131 cards

I had an idea to make several cards, assembly line.  So I stamped some paper with this lovely flower stamp, cut it into strips and layered it with brown paper.  Stamped hello and placed some enamel embellishments on them.  It made 8 cards.I may try again with a different color pallet


These two cards are made with Stampin' Up! products.  Paper, Stamps and dies came in a bundle.  These are a bit fussy to make as there is cutting and layering plus stamping and die cutting.  But I really like them!


If you see something you like, let me know!  Perhaps I'll send it to you because everyone likes happy mail.

Boo still doesn't want to sleep with us until 4 or 5 in the morning.  I guess he's getting fussy in his old age.

My skin cancer has me looking worse for wear.  The one on my forehead has lines like a zipper.  Fortunately it's only an inch or so long and it's on my hairline.  The one on my nose is more noticeable cuz it's plastered right in the middle of my face!  It looks a whole lot better but it still has some liquid bandage that I'm told will come off on it's own.  Until then I don't know what the end result will look like.  The spot on my lower leg was treated with a cream and it looks like it was taken care of.  But it has a tiny scab so it's still healing.  I go back in August to have all three looked at.

Between storm systems we're having beautiful weather.  Maybe 80's by 1500 and overnight in the 60's.  According to a report I read we had an earthquake south of here.  The storms that roll through get us flash flood watches and warnings and some really pretty lightning.  Even a tornado watch or two.  Oh, we also got a possible hail warning too!   Weather wise they're keeping us entertained.

And that's the way it is, all is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!