Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Rain, rain and more rain!

I think we’re having our April showers in May.  Reminds me of spring in New Orleans.  We’ve been in severe thunderstorm watches, flash flooding alerts and generally nasty weather.  Some cooler temperatures too.

Tuesday started for me around 0500....who knows why!  Since I could only drink clear liquids in preparation for my colonoscopy I could have slept more.  Jim finally got up around 0930.  It was cool and rainy so we didn’t go out.

Not sure why but Boo has decided not to sleep with us. 🙁. He did slip off the bed but he’s done that before.  Took me a few nights to fall asleep without his tiny body next to me.

Took two magic pills around 1400 and at 1700 I started drinking the solution.  It was pineapple flavored and I was told to add some crystal light to it to help make it palatable.  6-8 ounces every ten minutes....thought I was going to up chuck it at one point because I was so full!  I got chilled but by then I was visiting the loo every few minutes.  Just after 1900 I just sat on the throne for what seemed like hours.  Then I really got ill, broke out in a sweat, my clothes stuck to me and I felt really nauseous.  Laid down and Jim woke me around 2130 so I could shower and get ready for bed.  End of round one.

Wednesday

Once again it was rainy.  Around two am I took the other two magic pills and when I got up started chugging the last gallon of solution.  This was harder as I really didn’t want a repeat performance!  But it was ok.  I did get chilled so I had hot green tea and then slipped back into bed with my heated mattress pad to warm me up.  Of course I was up and down visiting the loo.

My procedure was at 1330 and we arrived a bit early.  Because of the rain and possible heavy traffic we left early.  No problem! Once we hiked to the back of beyond I was taken to a cubicle and told to disrobe but leave my socks on.  Then I waited maybe 30 minutes.  Soon I was sedated and then waking up.  While I was under Jim was enjoying lunch.

Was told they find anything significant.  Yay!

Stopped at Olive Garden and we both enjoyed soup and salad. Just the ticket for my empty belly.  When we got home Jim took a nap.

Jim is doing better daily though I don’t think he would agree.  Still sore and taking Tylenol. Removed his stitches and that’s made him more comfortable.  Coughing and sneezing are painful for him.

I bought a tomato bush that had wee tomatoes and we’ve had four small tomatoes that taste real good.  The skin is right chewy so I peel them.

Recently Jim saw his cardiologist because of the afib and meds he was given in Hospital.  He's to continue with that blood thinner until they're gone and about two weeks later he'll be wearing a heart monitor to determine if he needs to continue taking the medication.  Because of the afib it puts him at a higher risk for stroke and now he's taking a blood thinner for that.  

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!