Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

Life in General

Right now ( 1700 Monday), at this moment it is glorious outside!  I've got the windows open and pumping fresh air throughout this tiny home on wheels.  Cloudy and rainy, couple of thunderstorms (I could do without the lightening strikes!) and now the sun is out.

We had a quiet weekend.  Though with the thunderstorm that we had Saturday it was very noisy and we lost internet and power.  Power went off twice but was back on quickly. Dish TV came on Friday and hooked us up.  So far we're enjoying it.  We now have the Smithsonian channel that I watched for an hour or so.  What's really nice is I can turn the TV on and off without rotating through the remotes we had for Direct TV.  Probably watch more TV now! Could take awhile to learn where all the channels are.  So far Jim hasn't recorded anything!

Enjoying the local library.  Jim went Saturday to learn all about the hands on stuff you can learn to do.  We like watching the dvd's we borrow from them.  I've gotten a couple books, but my eyesight is getting wonky and I can't read for any length of time before they hurt.  Another thing to rectify.

Today our refrigerator is supposed to arrive...but we're not sure about all the rain we're having.  The old fridge is still in place.  All our freezer contents are at the office as is some refrigerated items.  More rain is called for tomorrow.  

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge
or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

24 June 2019 153 cards

I slathered ink on my embossing folder to do a tone on tone design.  Pretty neat as you never know how it will turn out.  Using a new color from Stampin' Up! Rococo Rose, the ink and paper are the same color.  Blueberry  is the card base


Same style just different folder.


Paper Pumpkin Kit
I love the soft colors of this kit and I still have more cards to assemble


Another small critter.  This walking stick wanted to come inside!



All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!