Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Look Around You

On a day to day basis, what do you see?  Do you take the time to observe?  We've been here so long that I fail to see anything but the ordinary.  As I type this at 0630 I'm listening to the rain....just a gentle rain, you can barely hear it.  But I have a bucket under the down spout and I can hear the gentle plop of water as it hits the surface.  We sit under an oak tree and every now and then, when the water gathers I hear a heavy spatter of drops.

My coffee smells good so I take another sip

 

Boudreaux, such a big name for a little dog.  My constant companion when I'm home but sometimes, I admit, I don't see him or pay attention to him. Now that the weather is cooling down he's spending more time in my lap. Like now, he's curled up and snoozing away.


On our ride yesterday I tried to 'see' what was around me.  We saw a huge flock of buzzards!  Perhaps 50 or more birds just circling around on the thermals. Some just tiny birds so high up, others close enough to make out beaks and eyes.

Fall decorations are showing up and I'm going to try and capture some of that with my camera.  The colors of Autumn can be very intoxicating for me.  Just makes me want to create,cook and be a homebody


There are flowers in this part of our world.  Even though its late September my world has delicate flowers blooming. You just have to look around...what do you see in your part of the world?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!