Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

far off thunder

Despite all the rumbling of thunder we had Sunday afternoon it never did rain.  It got dark too, but I guess it just passed us by.  Darn!  I was looking forward to more rain!!!  :-)

Our dinner of Italian Pasta Salad was good but I did forget to mention the artichokes it had and I didn't use the avocado.  I'll post the recipe Wednesday.

We watched Rosemary and Thyme (British TV show) and Endeavour on PBS.  In bed by 2230 and I slept very well!  I've been having trouble sleeping because of back pains. I keep adjusting the number on my mattress and I think I have it set right now.  Time will tell.  I know I'm tired of waking with a back ache in the middle of the night.  It's hard to go back to sleep....

Monday Jim worked a few hours and while he was gone I stripped the bed and did laundry.  He got home around 1300, had lunch and then a nap.  He had to rest up for a visit from Sonsearae and Chris.

I've been watching the Showtime series, The Tudors on Netflix.  Have any of you seen this?  I'm on episode 9, I think, and find it very entertaining. Jim didn't care to watch it so I've been viewing it while he's at work.

Chris had a training session in Lake City on Monday so Sonsearae decided to join him overnight.  She worked Monday morning and left Tallahassee after her shift at the Post Office.  Chris left about an hour later and joined her at the hotel.  Then they both drove down to East Palatka so they could have dinner with us at Corky Bell's.  What a delicious meal we had!  Jim and I split a seafood platter for two with grilled fish, broiled scallops, oysters, shrimp and fried clam strips and stuffed crab, along with 4 sides of 2 slaws, green beans and cheese grits...Oh can't forget the hush puppies, they come with all the meals!  Sonsearae had fried shrimp and catfish with slaw and baked potato and Chris had fried catfish with cheese grits.

We chatted and had a good time!  All leftovers came home with us and there were quite a few!  We'll enjoy them over the next two days.

We parted in the parking lot and they headed west, northwest while we headed east, southeast.  The sky was pretty with the setting sun and clouds.  We made it home before dark and quickly showered and settled in for the evening.  Sonsearae let us know they arrived around 2200.  

Tuesday morning Sonsearae drove back to Tallahassee so she could work that afternoon....ah, to be young again and put all those miles behind us.

Tuesday I was up just before 0700.  Quiet time with my coffee and some reading.  I woke Jim at 0800 and we both spent time on Facebook and reading email.  After breakfast Jim headed outside to dust off the truck and tidy the patio.  I did laundry and dishes. He also took the propane tank and had it filled.  How much does it cost in your area?  We paid $30 to fill a big tank.

After lunch we both inspected our eyelids for leaks.  Me on the lounger and Jim on the bed.

Around 1600 it started getting dark and don't you know, we had a thunder storm!  Rained pretty good for awhile and just before sunset the sun tried to come out

Dinner tonight was indeed some luscious leftovers.  I reheated the fried catfish and  hush puppies under the broiler. The green beans I popped in the microwave and heated up some baked beans and we also ate the rest of the slaw....took all of 10-15 minutes to fix dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!