Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

dinner friday evening

I think we just set a record.....two and a half days with no rain!  But Jim pressed his luck by washing the the truck yesterday and we had sprinkles today....just enough to spot the truck.

Let's see, what have we been doing?  Just the regular, normal day to day stuff...Jim worked Friday and I'm sure I did laundry.  Seems like I do at least two loads every day and lest you think we're slobs, one load is puppy pads that Boo uses, he's house trained and most of the time we just don't take him out!  I guess if he didn't have us trained so well we'd take him out more often.

It's really been to hot to think about cooking much, inside or out.  Of course when we do plan on cooking out it's raining...so I've pretty much stopped planning for that.  Friday evening I fixed twice baked potatoes and a salad.  The potatoes were a first for me and I must say they turned out well.  I baked them and then I sauteed some onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in some vegetable broth.  When the potatoes were cool enough to handle I sliced off the top, chopped it up and scooped out the inner potato.  Then I mashed all this together with more broth until it was smooth enough to add the veggies.  Stuffed all that back inside and topped with a bit of vegan provolone cheese and re-baked them for about 15 minutes



Served with a Caesar salad it made a fine dinner!

We've been watching a lot of Netflix, various shows like Foyles War, Rosemary and Thyme, even a couple goofy movies.  After Jim washed the truck yesterday we spent the afternoon just chilling watching TV.

This morning I made a grocery run.  Jim worked all day.  I made an Italian pasta salad for dinner and it has broccoli and cauliflower along with mushrooms, onion, tomato and black olives.  It calls for an avocado but I'm not sure about that...we both like it but what if we don't eat the whole salad?  Will it turn dark???

Tonight we'll watch Endeavour on PBS
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!