Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sonsearae and Chris Visit!

Last Thursday was chore day and it included defrosting the freezer...it was way over due and I don't know why I always put it off.  We spent the week prior trying to eat the excess food!  For such a small space I can manage to cram a lot of goodies in there.

Speaking of food did you know there's a website to help you find free food?  That's right I said FREE, www.fallingfruit.org.  See if there is something in your neighborhood

I've been reading Omnivore's Dilemma, A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan.  Quite interesting...so far I've learned about corn, from the field to our plate and all points in between.  It's amazing how we've became so dependent on corn in all it's incarnations.  What are you reading?

On Friday Sonsearae, Chris and Sierra met us at Corky Bell's for lunch.  Sierra is their Godchild and visiting for a month.  They were on their way to St. Augustine.


Sierra and Sonsearae


Chris

They also brought gifts!  Jim got his Father's Day card with a restaurant gift card and I got a very pretty frog pin. They also treated us to lunch, thank you very much Sonsearae and Chris!  The food was good as usual and we enjoyed our visit with them.  All to soon we parted ways as they continued on to St Augustine and we headed into Palatka for some shopping.  

First stop was Lowe's for bird seed and hardware...Then we meandered down to Walmart where Jim found some windshield wipers and I picked up some  groceries.  We needed something to cook on our new grill!


Last night I cooked up a tray full of zucchini,  yellow squash, peppers and boiled potatoes. What more do you need for dinner?  Oh, Jim also had some leftover grilled shrimp from Corky Bell's 

We only have the one reversible grid and I think another one is needed.  If you want to cook pancakes or eggs you need a flat surface.  I'll also be able to do shrimp boils!

I hope all the dads out there enjoyed their day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!