Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Recipe Wednesday

We have a new grill!  Well it's more of a stove because it has two burners and multiple do dads you can get for it.  Our small grill is great for small servings.  But if we want to grill meat and veggies there wasn't a lot of room for both.  Hopefully with this set up I can cook more of what I like.  The brand is Camp Chef www.campchef.com if you want to see all the 'extras'.   It is heavy so we'll see about 'more stuff'.  Oh and this model has removable legs.  I first saw it at Gander Mountain and checked out their website and Amazon when we got home....cheaper at Amazon and no taxes or shipping (I'm a Prime Member).  The propane tank Jim found on Amazon and it also arrived today. Just need to fill it and we can start cooking!  
We're getting a cover for it too.  Should be here in a couple days.  The grill is reversible with a griddle on the other side.  Jim is ready to cook bacon and sausage on it!



What do you think should be the first thing we cook on it?  Any favorites you want to share with me?

Jim worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday so I've been holding down the fort.  Today we head to St Augustine for his endoscopy. He's had one before so this should be a breeze and I get to drive us home!

I've been picking tomatoes and bell peppers almost daily and I don't see any more tomatoes forming.  During the hot days of summer the blossoms just fall off and the season is over.  So far the bell peppers are still making little peppers so I'll find out how long those plants will last.  No new cucumbers even though there are a lot of blossoms.  

Today's recipe is very tasty!  I discovered it at www.bushbeans.com I love black beans and mangoes so this is perfect for me

Black Bean and Mango Salad
 4 servings

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups diced mango (about 1 1/2 but two would be just perfect!)
1 cup diced sweet red pepper
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 T olive oil (I didn't use any)
1 seeded jalapeno, minced
salt if needed

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss and serve!

Couldn't get any easier.  Jim thought the mango was mushy and I think firm peaches would probably work just as well

We had a brief thunderstorm roll through before dinner last night and at one point we had rain and sunshine at the same time but I didn't find a rainbow.  For dinner I fixed a baked enchilada dish that we like.  Real easy, corn tortillas, refried beans, spinach and enchilada sauce.  Fix like you would a lasagna,nuke it for about 12-15 minutes.

We spend most evenings watching Netflix, Midsomer Murders is our current favorite.  Who doesn't like a good British murder mystery?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!