Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

I sure hope y'all had a wonderful day!

Late afternoon yesterday the mail list was finally posted and our package from Sonsearae arrived! I headed down to guest services to get it and while there I picked up a small package for Anne and Scotty. They were heading out for Christmas Eve services. Sonsearae got each of us a New Orleans Saints Champions Super Bowl T-shirts! Mine is Grey and Jim has a black one. She also sent each of cookies that she baked and they are gooooood!

Jim has been battling a head cold the past few days and yesterday I was feeling the symptoms. You know, sore throat, stuffed nose. So dinner was simple. We both had a salad and I had a cup of soup while Jim had some leftover macaroni and cheese.

Christmas Eve was spent quietly inside. We watched tv, played on the computers and watched a dvd of Cadfael. During the evening we heard the carolers stroll by as the wind picked up and the temperature fell.

It was still nice when we went to bed but during the night the wind howled on occasion and the temperature was 53 when I got up this morning. I’m sure Santa had a rough time with his sleigh! By 0800 the clouds had blown away and we were left with clear blue skies.

When I got up I turned on the fireplace even though it was 64 degrees in the house. It’s pretty to look at on this Christmas morning. As you can see Santa left Boo a stocking with new toys!

After Jim got up I got dressed, made the bed and did the breakfast dishes. Also too Boo outside and over to the Scott’s to visit.

Anne, Scotty, Amy, Dan, Jim and I went to Hayashi Hibachi for our Christmas Dinner. As usual we had a good time with our friends, the food was great and we all loved the dinner ‘show’. We arrived back at the resort in time to have dessert with Karen, Dave, Diana, John and Pat and Vern. Made some coffee to take with me as did Jim and Anne. It was getting chilly outside so we all grabbed a jacket.

Dessert consisted of pecan pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake and a tin full of cookies! Not sure but I think Jim sampled a couple of them. I had a few bites of the carrot cake. Amy, Anne and I shared a slice!

We didn’t stay long because the temperature was dropping fast as the sun was going down. It’s supposed to get into the 40’s tonight with freezing temperatures in some parts of south Texas. We were home before it got dark. Boo was happy to see us.

We’ve spent the evening just relaxing in our pj’s and watching tv. I've been trying to upload pictures but apparently there is a problem. I hope this blog will post.