Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching Up

Well, my birthday has come and gone. On Wednesday I turned 63 and I'm happy to celebrate another year! Also on Wednesday Anne and I went to Spago Spa and Salon and got our hair cut and we both got pedicures. It's a sad fact but the older we get the more difficult it is to see your toes! Keeping the nails trimmed is doable but putting polish on them is next to impossible. And I must admit it's a pleasure having someone else pamper you.

We rushed home, changed clothes, grabbed Scotty and Jim then drove back the way we came to Outback Steak House to partake of the special they have running now. We all ordered steak and lobster tails. We all enjoyed the meal!

Jim gave me a beautiful card and some chocolate. Sonsearae sent me the Johnny Depp Pirate movies and Anne carved me a bird that I admired in her home. It was a very good day.

Friday we had happy hour at the Scott's with the whole gang. Karen and Dave, Pat and Vern, Linda and Dan, Amy and Dan, Jim and I, Anne and Scotty. Terry stopped by as did Jeni and Don. A lot of good food, drinks flowed and we all had a good time.

It may be me but I think it's cooler this December. And I don't care for it! Wearing shoes and long pants is cumbersome. And we've even had to wear jackets! :) For the most part the days are nice and the nights are cool enough to sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Linda !! So glad to hear you had a nice day. Please give our kindest regards to Jim....we miss you guys. We have had more snow than usual this year. We are sure hoping to escape by next winter, and you bet we will track you two down...LOL.
    Sincerely, Trent and Teresa

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!