Pages

Monday, December 11, 2023

I had a Birthday!

 

Do you dread your birthday?  Or do you embrace the age you are and enjoy the celebration?  For the most part it's just another day.  Yes, I wonder where the time has gone, can I be this old???  I am 76 years young and there are days I feel it.  

I am grateful for all the experiences I have enjoyed in my life.  I wish I had the energy to do more. I may be slowing down but life is good!

On the 8th we had my birthday lunch at Osaka, unfortunately they don't do hibachi tables for the lunch crowd.  But Sonsearae, Chris, Jim and I had a lovely lunch.  This restaurant is about 30 miles from our home so we took advantage of some of the stores in the area.  Total Wine was our first stop and Jim bought us some Cognac, Chianti and Shiner Ruby Redbird.  Actually those are all for me...although he may have some chianti.  There were a few tastings going on and the cognac was yummy.  We're always on the lookout for chianti and this is one I/we haven't tried.  And the Ruby Redbird is a favorite of mine but hadn't seen since we left Texas!

Our next stop was Trader Joe's.  It was a birthday request I made.  Love the tiny store and the unusual products they carry.  

On the way to Sonsearae's house we stopped at a bakery and got cupcakes to celebrate, then Starbucks for my free coffee. I must say my German Chocolate concoction was superb!

After indulging in the luscious, German Chocolate cupcake I had, there were presents to open!  I received a Navy Veteran T-shirt and a hand crocheted shrug/sweater made by our friend Marge.  Of course it's green, my favorite color.  Also a box of Godiva dark chocolate covered cherries!

My day was filled with family and love

We had some horrible weather over the weekend.  Torrential rains at time.  We just stayed indoors until Sunday after noon.  The rain let up long enough for me to take out the trash and get the mail.  My cardmaking friends have been sending birthday and Christmas cards!

The front has moved on and the cold is settling in again.  It's 0713 and 35 degrees outside, the sun is starting to rise and the skies are clear

                                    Handmade cards because:

                          No one displays an email on the mantle
                             or shows off a tweet on the fridge
                      or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

                                          Total for 2023

                                                   551 

                     Are you keeping track?  How many cards will I end up making this year?  If you guess correctly I'll send you a dozen cards.  Just leave a comment

Some quick and easy cards made with retired Stampin' Up! designer series paper


All About Autumn DSP



Memories and More Beary Christmas

Beary Christmas from Stampin' Up!


All is right in our world


I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. 

Showing how to make quick and easy cards. 

To order a catalog

Follow me here or on Facebook:  Card making with Linda for more detailed instruction. 

To place an order, head over to my website to view the digital catalogs

Shop Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!