Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Independence Day

                                                Did you have plans?  We don't indulge even if we do get invited.  I'm not into fireworks, they're noisy and bother household pets and I'm sure the wild animals could do without the noise.  The debris litters/pollutes the ground and water not to mention the air we breathe.  Why do we Americans need to have fireworks to celebrate?  I like parades and the festivities that some communities have.

We've been enduring some excessive heat for the past week.  Only going out when necessary.  Today we had a storm system roll through.  Clearing up just in time for all the fireworks later tonight. Maybe this rain we've just had will bring cooler temperatures in the days ahead.

Last evening was cooler so I hope the surrounding area was full of fun! We didn't hear much in the way of fireworks.  We spent our time watching Acorn TV.  Forgot all about PBS!  I'm sure there was a concert and fireworks. 

More rain today and the sun is out again. Temperature is only 84 degrees at 1400.  Humidity is up because of the rain.  As I sit here I can see a Pair of Pileated Woodpeckers flitting about in the trees.  And the squirrels are chasing each other around.


                                                 Handmade cards Because

No one displays an email on the mantel
or
Shows off a tweet on the refrigerator
or
Saves a Facebook Post in a box of treasures

Total for 2023
                                                      275

I made another set of these Stampin' Up! Countryside Inn cards as I gave the others away as a prize.  I love the template so you'll probably see more like this


Earthen Elegance from Stampin' Up! The stamp set comes in English and Spanish.  


I used the Flourish Card Kit from Club Scrap to make this set of cards.  I was a challenge using a template


More Countryside Inn with matching envelopes


All is right in our world



I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. Showing how to make quick and easy cards. Follow me here or on Facebook:  Card making with Linda for more detailed instruction. To place an order, head over to my website to view the digital catalogs

https://lindagoudelock.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!