Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Update! We’re still here!

 

Goodness! It’s been awhile since I’ve updated y’all, so here I am at long last.  I’ll just give a brief synopsis because a lot of what has happened will be boring.  

We went to Disney World in April! Sonsearae arranged it all and we enjoyed it. She has a side gig of arranging trips for Disney, if you're interested let me know or check out her page on Facebook. 

We ate at some fine restaurants and enjoyed that too.  One day we went to Epcot





All the flowers were very pretty. Walking around was pleasant, even if we weren’t used to standing so much. Each day tired us out!

Magic Kingdom! This was my favorite. Having been raised on Disney shows with Mickey and  his pals it was delightful to see them again. 


The theme right now is celebrating 50 years of WDW.  When Sonsearae was about a year old we visited. That was the beginning of a love affair for her!





While on Mainstreet we managed to catch a parade! A lot of new character but plenty of our favorites.





                             Handmade Cards because:


No one displays an email on the mantel
or
Shows off a tweet on the refrigerator
or
Saves a Facebook Post in a box of treasures

Total for 2022
102

Self explanatory! Some Quick and Easy Easter cards


These sets of cards are from a Paper Pumpkin Kit


All Stampin’ Up! Products

After our return from Disney we both came down with head colds. Couple days later it settled into my chest. Then the fun began!  NOT! I spent most of my awake time coughing my lungs up. At least 4 nights I slept 10 hours and I took a lot of naps. Food was not a priority and I lost weight, but my blood pressure improved! Jim didn’t seem to be as bad off as myself. Finally went to the VA’s version of emergency room. Covid protocol,  as I was kept from the general population in a cubicle, in a corner. Two nurses came in and talked to me, took my vitals. Swabbed my nose.  Then the doctor came in and we talked. He listened to my lungs and detected a ‘squeak’ or inflamed bronchial tubes. Squeak was his word. Prescribed an antibiotic and a steroid. It did not cure me but it did ease the symptoms. 

I must say I feel much better today but it has been a slow process getting any strength back. Yes, the test results said I had Covid.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!