Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Perhaps not the best way to inform everyone

But we are discovering that we are actually old! 😂

Since we’ve been here in Spring Branch we’ve been setting up medical visits. Establishing ourselves in the community and generally settling in.  Well, our doctor visits are revealing medical issues.

 Jim’s cardiologist said all is well with his heart etc.  But we were both concerned about his lack of energy and breathlessness after doing simple things.  So, enter a pulmonologist.  Did a breathing test and passed within acceptable parameters.  So said doctor set him up with a sleep apnea test which Jim did last night.  He also had an exray of his lungs where they discovered a spot that happens to be cancerous.  Stage one lung cancer.  Now he has two scans, PET and MRI to see if the cancer has spread.  After which I assume we’ll talk with the doctor about what happens next.

I have established myself at the VA.  Did labs and saw my doctor.  I’m now taking metformin for my type 2 diabetes and a statin for my cholesterol.  I get to poke my finger every other day to check my glucose levels.  I’ve got appointments for a dermatologist to check on my nose, for head and leg lesions.  I’ve had all for years but thought why not get a professional to look at them.  Because of my numb thumb and numbness on my feet I’m also having a vascular test.

Oh the joys of aging!

For the last couple of weeks we’ve had to drive to one appointment to another 3-4 days a week.  We now have to update both our calendars so we can keep track of everything! Never had so many engagements, ever!

We’re trying to make everything all right in our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!