Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Merry Christmas!


Yesterday I redeemed my Christmas gift from Jim.  He gave me an afternoon at the spa that included an hour long massage, a facial, a pedicure and a manicure.

How decadent to just lay on the heated table and enjoy a massage!  I can't remember the last time this happened.  I know in our past life I enjoyed a couple massages.  Heidi slathered oil on all my limbs and back and while she kneaded, pulled and stretched I just laid there and enjoyed.  There was meditation music softly playing in the background and the lights were dim.  Very relaxing

Next up was the facial...I've had one that I can recall and this was nothing like that.  I remained on the massage table while one after another something or other was slathered onto my face, then wiped off.  I was told I had very good skin with no blemishes.  I think Barbara was trying to plump up all my wrinkles (didn't happen).  There was a pineapple smelling  enzyme peel which tingled, followed by a warm towel to wipe it off.  At one point she applied one of those face 'masks' that covers your chin, upper lip and jaw.  Periodically she put covers over my eyelids and misted my face all the while a mister was running over head.  Like I said I think she was plumping me up.  It all felt good and I guess I look better....who cares!  It felt wonderful being pampered.

Next up was the pedicure at which point Sonsearae joined me and it was fun chatting and having our feet rubbed and scrubbed.  For those who have been, it's better than the Progresso Ladies....but cost more too!

Sonsearae chose a dark, electric blue while I chose a shade of pinkish, red...kinda like a deep reddish grapefruit.  The pedicure was just a regular nail job

But the manicure was a gel and with a lot of luck will last a couple weeks.  I've already nicked one nail chopping veggies.  Same color as my toenails.

After this wonderful afternoon of being waited upon it was back to the real world.  Sonsearae and I headed to Publix and then over to Target.  All the while I was forced to wear FLIP FLOPS!  I hate those shoes as I can't stand anything between my toes.  But in my defense it's been a long time since I've gotten a manicure and neglected to bring sandals.  Should also have brought a comb or brush.  I don't carry one and my hair was a bit spiky although everyone said it looked OK.

Back home we had mini egg rolls (just popped in the oven) and a Thai Crunch Salad that Sonsearae made, for dinner.  It was a first time for us with the salad and it's good.  The dressing is made with peanut butter which I was skeptical of but it's very tasty and we'll have it again as Jim and I both liked it. The recipe can be found in the Happy Herbivore Light and Lean cookbook.

Today is my youngest sisters birthday!  I hope her day is as special as she is.  Happy Birthday Suzanne, you'll always be Suzie to me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!