Pages

Friday, August 9, 2019

Busy Day

Our day started early.  I had an appointment at Audie Murphy VA Hospital at 0830.  I was up at 0600 and Jim got up thirty minutes later. Coffee and a quick breakfast then we were on the road a little after seven.  Despite construction on US 281 and rush hour we managed to traverse about forty miles in an hour.  But, they weren’t expecting me! Dermatology had me down for September 9th.  But, bless their hearts, they fit me in.  It was just a follow up on the spot on my leg.  Took ten minutes and we were on our way.

It’s 9 am so we stopped at the mall to get some walking in, about a mile of air conditioned bliss.  Then home.  
Laundry was calling me while Jim caught up on the computer.  For lunch we had Cioppino, crusty bread and a salad.  As soon as that was over, out the door again for my hair appointment at the Aveda Institute.  Got me a new do! About 1 1/2 inches off the length.  And more layers so it should be curlier too.  



Back home just in time to feed Boo, continue with the laundry and have some coffee.  Jim assembled a dolly type thing for our new wash machine so it will slide out of the closet.  It should make it easier for me to do the laundry.

Now we’re watching Foyles War.  It takes place during the Second World War.  Foyle is a police officer solving crimes at home.  It’s quite interesting.  The British went through a lot of hardship.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

9 August 2019 184 cards

Only two cards today.  Just pretty pineapple paper with card stock  and stamps from Stampin’ Up!




All is right in our world

1 comment:

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!