Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Hello! It's me again

It's a beautiful day.  Started at 0530 for me, Jim didn't get up until 0930.....grrr   I did wake him at 0730 but I guess I should have jumped on the bed!

Finished off some cards I made yesterday and worked on the place cards for our Thanksgiving Dinner with friends in the clubhouse.  Sorted through some cards to send to the Cards for Soldiers.

A year ago I was suffering with these bug bites and I really am tired of it.  Boo hasn't been outside in ages because if he gets bitten we all suffer with no sleep.

We just finished our three days of work...Changes have been made in Guest Services and our hours are from 0830 to 1630.  This time of year isn't all that busy so Jim does most of the work.  I go in around 0930 and wait until Jim goes home for lunch then I go home and do chores, make cards etc.  Sometimes we have dinner after these long, busy days.... :-)

Jim reassembled our outdoor table.  I'm sure it has a nifty neato name but it's the kind that rolls up for stowing.  His words "it only took me about six months to get it done"

Last this afternoon was our appreciation dinner.  The Managers Don and Jeni like to to treat us and Rudy's Barbecue was the meal.  Brisket, pulled pork and sausages, creamed corn, potato salad, BBQ beans along with bread and a tray of pickles, onions and hot peppers.  Dessert was peach cobbler and that's the only dish that was gone at the end of the meal....three trays of cobbler....vanished!  Sweet and unsweet tea with lemon was also provided.  I must say it was very tasty and I had a little (lot) of everything except the bread and cobbler.

Now we're home and showered and settling in for the evening.  It's good to be home

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!