Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wet Day

How was your evening last night?  Did you party?  Share time with friends and family?  Or was it just the two of you ringing in the new year?

We had a grand party that all residents were invited to and some friends and relatives of the owners.  We all gathered around the bar at the pool and the fire pit for an evening of meat, meat, meat and more meat.  There were also some dishes that were made with meat.  I did find some raw veggies to eat along with some black olives and crackers.  Not sure how much was left over but there was enough food to feed the town of Welaka! Oh, there was also wine of which I had a few glasses.

We left around 2000 and spent the rest of the evening just watching TV and we were in bed at our usual time of 2200.  The new year arrived with very little fan fare here!

I'm not sure when the rain started during the night.  But it woke me shortly after 0700.  Not a bad sound and it sure beats an alarm clock!   As I type this it's still raining.  A slow steady rain all day.  

Jim took some laundry down and washed it.  Bringing it home to dry saves a bit.  I'm not sure what we've spent in laundry fees.  But we've spent a small fortune in pee pads for Boo!  Apparently the needed motor for the wash machine is on back order and it will be awhile before we have the washer fixed.  Jim has written Whirlpool but so far no response.  At this point I'm pretty sure I won't buy another Whirlpool washing machine!

We spent the bulk of the day on our computers and watching TV.  Jim did the dishes twice, not sure if it was from boredom or to warm his hands.

I now am deep into my new essential oils and loving the smells wafting through the house.  Young Living is the company that I'm now a part of.  Let me know if you're interested!

72 days

  • 6,304,285 seconds
  • 105,071 minutes (rounded down)
  • 1751 hours (rounded down)
  • 72 days (rounded down)
  • 10 weeks (rounded down)


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!