Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We love the Beach!

Boy did we sleep good last night! Even the rain didn't disturb us, we heard it and went back to sleep. I got out of bed a few minutes before 0800 and I let Jim sleep until he got up around 0930. It was nice to have a relaxing morning with no plans. Except for washing the sheets, so I started on that once Jim was up.

It looked like it was going to be a rainy day so we headed to the commissary only to find it closed! So we headed off base to find me some coffee. Quick stop at Wal Mart and then we headed to the beach and sea food! The drive was lovely and the closer we got to the beach the more sun we saw. No rain!

Port Aransas hasn't changed much and we had lunch at Fins Grill & Icehouse, http://www.finsgrillandicehouse.com/
We sat outside on the deck and this was our viewWhile we waited for our meal we saw two sailboats leave, this is the Nauti-Lady out of New Orleans....

Jim had Fried Shrimp with French Fries


I had fried Mahi-Mahi with fries and slaw....we both had an ice cold beer!



After lunch we hit a few beach shops looking for a bathing suit for me, no luck....I just don't have the body for those itsy bitsy teeny tiny bikini's! We drove for several miles on the beach and stopped and took a couple pictures and walked in the surf




There weren't a lot of people on the beach and it was pleasant and relaxing


There he is! My sweetheart!!


I could stare at the waves for hours.
We came back to the base and stopped at the Exchange to get sodas and beer. Then home to finish up the laundry and make the bed.
Jim is enjoying some mac and cheese for his dinner and once I finish this I'll have a salad.
I hope your day was a good one!







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!