Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

New Wal*Mart

Not much going on around here. Same old stuff. Yesterday Jim and I went into Penitas to the new Wal*Mart to pick up a few things and buy a newspaper. I need my coupons!!! This particular store has been in the making for a few years. The building was there, had a sign, then they took the sign down and it sat empty. That's the way it was when we left the valley last spring.

Have you noticed the changes Wal*Mart is making in their stores? A great improvement if you ask me.

Jim put the kayak together yesterday afternoon. I stayed inside and read my book. I'm still reading An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon.

Three couples cooked out last night and we had dinner at Anne and Scotty's. Jim and I had Italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed onions, green peppers and a wee bit of garlic. Anne grilled pork chops on her Cobb Grill and served us a pasta salad with black olives and pepperoni. Pat and Vern brought chicken to grill and most of us enjoyed a cold beer with this meal. We served up some mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. It was a nice get together!

When I got up this morning it was damp outside with dew. A few of the windows were wet with dew and it was cloudy. We did have sun for a bit but the clouds have all bunched together and scattered thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon. Humidity was in the 80's so I'm keeping the house closed up.

Jim has gone to the Ford place to get the oil changed and the leak checked.

See? Not very exciting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!