Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yellowstone NP

This morning we left Camp Three Forks at 0900! And we had to hit the dump station before we left. We knew we had a long trip ahead of us, Jim said 6 hours so we wanted to be on the road early.

Within an hour we were inside Yellowstone National Park and driving into Wyoming. Another new state for us.

Yellowstone River, which was on one side or the other almost the whole trip through the park









First Bison, lots of cars stopped, people out taking pictures. We drove on by after stopping for this shot. There was one on the other side of the road too.



While driving on one stretch of the road my Stetson flew out the back window and I got out to retrieve it while Jim drove on to find a place to pull over. I swear I walked at least a mile but I got my hat! After we got back on the road and went around the hill we found the herd!
Hundreds and hundreds of bison of all ages. It was neat seeing the calves





both sides of the road had the critters munching on the vegetation. At one point there were calves and moms crossing and re-crossing the road stopping traffic.






We finally arrived at Yellowstone Valley Inn and RV Park a little before 1600, so it took seven hours with all our stops in the park. Made for a long day but it was a beautiful drive! I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!
After setting up I had some coffee while sitting outside with Jim (he had a cold Beer). We talked to a fellow Escapee then went for a walk. Jim took some pictures of the surrounding area and I've posted those pictures on Facebook. I will blog them but not today.







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!