Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birds and shopping

Yesterday I dumped some bird seed on the ground when we came in and this morning some of it was still there. A couple of Steller's Jays were enjoying the seed as was a squirrel

I really like this one, it's like a silhouette





all of these pictures were taken through the dining room window



Later this white breasted nuthatch showed up and entertained me for a few minutes
















After breakfast and morning chores Jim and I went for a walk taking Boo. Walk isn't quite right, you see Boo doesn't like gravel and stones so he picks his way slowly and we just meander. But it is nice to be outside and I suppose it is exercise!
This afternoon we went shopping. Our first stop was Walmart to pick up a couple items. Then it was Barnes & Nobles. I took my Nook and we played with it using the web feature and Jim bought a download. We had some coffee and browsed a few magazines. It's a good way to spend a hot afternoon....
From there we headed to Whole Foods and picked up some goodies for dinner then it was over to PetsMart to pick up some food for Boo.
Now it was time to head home. We changed into comfy clothes and I fed Boo then set out our dinner. Chicken Salad, Antipasto, olives and shrimp. I sliced some bread and viola! dinner...I may have to figure out how the chicken salad was made because we both liked it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!