Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wind, Wind and More Wind!

Woke up, got out of bed….wait, that’s song lyrics! But I did awaken to the sounds of our neighbors crunching on the gravel as they prepared to leave. Boo was annoyed by the sound and started grumbling, so I got up and turned on the furnace to help drown out the outside noises. The wind last night didn’t disturb either one of us as I feared it might. Sometimes the wind can make the slide toppers flap and that can be very annoying!

I forgot to mention that yesterday Jim practiced on his dulcimer again, that’s two days in a row. If he keeps this up he’ll be serenading me in no time! He also played some golf on the Wii and said he’s doing better. I guess getting beat by Ed really got to him.

Today we start preparations to leave tomorrow. We’re heading to Amarillo and we’ve decided to stay a week. We’ll need to repair the wash machine and I’ll have to catch up on laundry. We’ll be staying at the Oasis and I know Jim will enjoy it! No gravel, only paved sites. Perhaps we can even ride our trikes.

We’ll also do some maintenance inside and out on the rig. This lifestyle isn’t all vacation you know. Cleaning still needs to be done. Windows need to be washed, rugs shook or vacuumed…..tough jobs but someone has to do them.

After our breakfast of cream of wheat I did the dishes, made the bed and got dressed. Jim got busy cleaning the bathroom (thanks Honey!) then dumped the black tank. I took a load of laundry to be washed. Did I mention I miss my wash machine? J all of this was done before 1000!

Before lunch I put a pot of potatoes and eggs on to boil. Potato Salad for dinner with our leftover BBQ and Shrimp. After lunch I made the salad.

The clouds are building but so far it’s still nice. Though the thermometer reads 74 at 1230 the wind is keeping it cool. It’s nice not having to run the AC.

We’ve been plagued with flies the last couple of days. I think Boo is a Buddhist because every time we get the fly swatter out he starts barking! It’s a three ring circus around here….

Rio Bravo and popcorn!! Good way to pass time on a Saturday afternoon. The wind has been brutal. Made some pico de gallo for Jim which he enjoyed with a beer. The clouds are stacking up and getting darker. Rain is forecasted and I think we’ll have some later.

It's almost 1600 and I'm posting this early. I've kept a running commentary all day, as thoughts and actions came and went. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!