Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pizzeria Rustica, Old Colorado City

The last couple of days we've just enjoyed the weather and each other! Of course we've done some chores but mostly we've just relaxed.

On one of our walks we found a black squirrel. I've been meaning to look it up and see if it's natural to this area.
When I got up this morning my orchid was highlighted with the rising sun coming through the blinds.
Today we had plans to meet Marilyn, Ed, Jackie and Tony at the farmers market in Old Colorado City. We arrived first and it was fun wandering down the Food section. I bought some zucchini and cucumbers. Then Jim and I wandered the craft area and naturally I found some jewelry that wanted to go home with me, but I resisted! As we were heading to the truck we saw Ed drive by. He had dropped the ladies off and left to park the truck. Jim took our purchases to our truck and I joined the ladies.
After greeting Marilyn and meeting Jackie, we headed back to the veggies and Jackie bought some but Marilyn didn't need anything. Ed finally returned, then Jim. I should mention that Tony didn't join us as he was busy moving and setting up in another site at Mountaindale. Hopefully I'll get to meet him before they move on.
apparently there was a celebration going on in the park and we paused to watch some dancers in period costumes.
Since the restaurant didn't open until noon we all strolled around for a bit then the guys went one way while we ladies went another way. Turns out the guys stopped in at Jorge's for a margarita! I found a colorful shirt/jacket to wear over tank tops.
Finally it was time to eat! I was getting hungry and we both have been looking forward to having pizza. We sat inside Pizzeria Rustica and we ladies enjoyed a bottle of Chianti, Ed had tea and Jim had a beer. We started with an Antipasto plate that had a shrimp/bean salad, olives, cheeses, caper berries, crusty bread and polenta. Very tasty.
Jim and I shared a pizza as did Marilyn and Ed. Jackie did justice to her pizza and didn't take any home for Tony! We got three desserts and shared them, each was very tasty.
Jim and I enjoyed our time with Marilyn, Jackie and Ed. I think we've made a new friend in Jackie. She was a delightful luncheon companion.
On the way home we stopped at Barnes and Nobles and we bought a Nook! Once home Jim took a nap while I lounged for about an hour. We had coffee and learned how to set up and use the Nook. I've already downloaded 4 books.....all free.
When we got home there was an overpowering cinnamon scent in the house. We had dosed Boo with Flea Medicine before we left and it was a new one with a spicy scent. Whew! we tolerated it for a couple hours and then I gave Boo a bath!

No dinner after that filling lunch. Jim finished off the Spanish Rice while I had a small plate of raw veggies
We have the windows open and the cool breeze feels good. It's just after 2100 and the temperature is around 67. We shall have Suite Dreams tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!