Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Marilyn and Ed Dray

Yesterday started out the same as it always does, coffee, breakfast, dishes and some laundry. Jim headed outside to clean up the truck as it was a little messy from our mountain drive.

Around 1100 we cleaned up, changed clothes and headed out to meet up with The Drays. We agreed to meet them at Culpeppers Cajun Kitchen, http://www.culpeppers.net/Culpeppers_Current_Menu.pdf

Jim and I both agree that the food is as good as what you can find in the New Orleans area. We both had the Louisiana Sampler, Chicken & sausage gumbo, red beans & rice, crawfish etouffee & maque choux in side sizes. Served with hush puppies. Jim cleaned up his servings while I left some etouffee and maque choux. Very filling!

After lunch we headed to Safeway so Marilyn and Ed could pick up some groceries. The we took the lovely drive south on hwy 115 to Mountaindale RV resort to spend some time with them. Once we exchanged gifts we settled in with our cold drinks and chatted away the afternoon.




The guys managed to get in a game of golf on the Wii. If memory serves, Ed beat the pants off Jim......in defence of Jim I do have to say he hasn't been playing much so he's out of practice!


After the game ended the guys joined us ladies and Marilyn brought out some ceviche and chips for us to enjoy. It was mighty tasty!



Miss Marilyn looking relaxed




Our gift to Ed was a huge bag of peanuts and they guys are digging in. About the time we started on the peanuts Jean and Ken came over from the site next door. It was nice meeting them. We had a lovely time visiting with our friends but we had to break up the festivities and head home. We gathered up everything and said our goodbyes with hugs and promises to meet up in the valley.
But I forgot something! After we had gotten out onto the highway we had to turn around and go back and get my water glass. Actually it's my tea maker and I would have missed it terribly. Marilyn was in the act of washing it as I arrived. So more hugs (we like hugs!) and I was out the door.





The drive North on hwy 115 has some beautiful sights around each curve and I tried to get a few good shots














I have always loved this home nestled in the trees
We arrived home around 1900 and Boo was glad to see us! It was three hours past his dinner time! I fed him then Jim and both showered and changed into our jammies. Jim had some leftover pasta while I had some soy yogurt for our dinner.

I did some reading before turning off the lights.....perfect way to end a lovely day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!