Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

NABA International Butterfly Park

I was up around 0720 this morning. Again we slept with windows open and fans running. Boo did find something to bark at once. But I think it was only once. After he settled in he still let out a few low growls....

I woke Jim at 0800 and he crawled out of bed around 0830. We both had some breakfast and I started on laundry. Anne asked if I wanted to go for a bike ride after we watered the garden and I suggested we go to the Butterfly Garden. So we watered our plants and then stopped by and asked Amy if she wanted to go see the butterflies. She even knows the names of them!

The day was warming up! And the mosquitoes were out in force. Anne and I took a lot of pictures but these are the only two I could post.

I have no idea of their names, but they are pretty
this one is a bit blurry. the little buggers like to fly off when you approach with a camera.
We saw a zebra http://tiny.cc/cA3XH but alas he didn't light on a flower long enough for me to snap a picture.
Back home I showered and had some lunch. I was really sweaty and needed to cool down. Silly me, I thought I'd have a glass of wine with my salad. Shortly after lunch I needed a nap! I was watching a movie, The Fighting Seabees http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036824/ and dozed off so I figured the bed was a better place to nap.
Jim played some golf and when I got up he was watching a movie and catching football scores, channel surfing outside!
Anne joined us on the patio and we spent some time chatting. It was a lazy day and none of us wanted to do anything. Not sure who brought it up but it was decided that pizza sounded good for dinner. Anne called in the order and around 1700 we headed to Pizza Hut to pick up the pizza's.
On the way home we were treated to a beautiful sunset. My phone camera is good but this picture doesn't do justice to what we saw.

Jim was waiting outside when we got home and since Anne and Scotty were going to do a video chat with family we separated and had dinner inside.
Pizza is gone, dishes are done and we've been watching NCIS on the USA channel.
I already mentioned the heat of the day and it's still 76 outside and it's after 2100! the humidity is in the low 70's and I'm thinking we'll need the AC to help us to sleep tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!