Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fun, food and new friends

The past few days have been fun! Thursday when I set out the birds feeders a doe and two fawns came by for breakfast. I alerted Marilyn and she took several pictures, you can see them here: http://www.mytripjournal.com/Dray-TheHappyWanderers?i=1


I was just having to much fun watching them! I have dried corn and walked within two feet of the doe and poured some on the ground, she then started eating! I'll bet Marilyn and I were out watching for 20-30 minutes. It was awesome....


That was the highlight of the day. We read books and enjoyed the day.


Yesterday was another lazy day. It started out overcast and cool. Pretty much stayed that way all day. Friends of Marilyn and Ed were coming in and we had plans to go to dinner with them. Around 1700 we headed down to Canon City to have dinner at Chili's. Linda and Carl, Marilyn and Ed plus Jim and I. We had a good time getting to know them.


A quick stop at Wal-Mart and we headed home. The evening turned out beautiful, sunshine and only a few clouds in the sky. The mountains were simply gorgeous! We watched some TV and hit the sack around 2200.


Today we had plans to go into Old Colorado City to have lunch at Jorge's. Everyone new gets taken here and Linda and Carl had never been! Jim and I arrived first and go the table, we had barely sat down when Marilyn and Ed arrived with the newbies....




We all had margarita's, that's Linda's pretty smile over the glasses.

We had chips and guacamole and salsa.


Ed was thirsty! The pictures I took of Marilyn weren't to my liking so she isn't included here.

Carl looking pensive.
Linda likes her margarita!


This this Linda likes her Margarita too! Thanks Ed for taking pictures of Jim and I



Bottoms up Jim!



Jim and Linda had Huevos Rancheros



I had Camerones Rancheros (shrimp) It tastes better than it looks!



Ed and Carl each had a huge burrito

Marilyn had the Camerones Ceviche
We all enjoyed our food and drink and when we left Jorge's we were very happy! :) Jim and I went to the farmers market but didn't buy anything. We stopped back at the Honey store and I picked up some honey. Jim went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought some luscious truffles! We didn't make it to Manitou Springs, didn't want the chocolate to melt!
We made a stop at walmart, but they didn't have what we wanted so we drove on and stopped at PetSmart to pick up some supplies for Boo. Then Home!


The clouds coming over the mountains always fascinates me. I never tire of taking pictures.


Once home Jim watched golf and I read my book in the bedroom. No dinner for us, just sandwiches. Now were watching stupid movies on TV....












No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!