Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Busy Day

I was up early this morning, before 0700! I have no reason to be up that early but I couldn't get back to sleep. So I was up and out the door feeding the birds. Back inside I turned on the fireplace and fixed my coffee.

Today Jim and I both had chores to do so we can leave on the 1st. He cleaned the truck up then started on the awning. He had to take down all the struts and framing. And he put tape over the spiderwebs the hail left.

Meanwhile I was inside taking care of little things like cleaning knick knacks that have to be stowed. I also made the bed, did dishes and a load of laundry. I sat for a few minutes with Marilyn and Ed this morning after they returned. Jim and I will miss them very much, but we'll see them in the valley.

Just had to chase a couple juvenile deer off the premises. One was asserting 'his' dominance, turned his back on me and stood his ground. Well I took care of that by stomping my feet and shooing him away! Then I took down the bird feeders and stowed them safely away.

Back to my day....I watched my soaps and Jim played golf, by himself! Ed was playing by himself at his house.....apparently there is a tournament you can play in and earn money....It sure was funny to see them playing apart.

Around 1600 we headed out to Leslie and Mikes for happy hour.....Ed and Marilyn came out and said no we're to go to Linda and Carl's, but they just arrived for happy hour at Marilyn and Ed's! As far as I know none of us had been drinking but we sure were confused! Before to long Leslie and Mike arrived. We had a few snacks along with our chosen beverages. We split up just after 1800, Ed to write his blog and Jim and I to have our dinner. First Jim demonstrated the Dri Wash on Carl's truck.....another sale!

Fixing the shrimp scampi and salad didn't take long and within the hour dinner was over and dishes done.

We've both had our showers and we;re on our puters and watching TV. Today was gorgeous and it looks like another cool night for sleeping.

I want to thank all of my readers, it still amazes me that y'all find this interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!