Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

do nothing day

Yesterday we didn't go anywhere or do much of anything.

I didn't even get dressed until 0930. Did dishes and made noise but Jim didn't get out of bed until 1030. I was outside reading Glastonbury and watching the birds.

Spent some time next door talking with Marilyn and Ed. Then we ladies went inside (hot) and I watched my soaps and played with Quicken. Much different from MS Money. But I'll get the hang of it one day!

For happy hour I made a muffaletta and everyone seemed to like it. It was my first time making one. Jim and I both agreed it needed more olive salad and a crustier bread. Marilyn had wine and the rest of us had a beer. It was breezy but still warm, no afternoon shower to cool us down.

Since the Drays had to take their rig in for repairs we split up around 1730 so they could finish up stowing everything. We spent a quiet evening inside with no return visit from the bear. I did watch for him until well after dark!

I'm sure the deer and bears and other woodland critters visit every night but I don't want to be the reason and that's why I take down the bird feeders. We keep a bucket for water from the ac to drip into and this morning Jim found a drowned mouse. He had big ears! I guess he wasn't as agile as he should have been....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!