Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mesilla, New Mexico

Around ten this morning the four of us headed to Mesilla, a historical area outside of Las Cruces. To read more about this unique city click on this link, http://www.oldmesilla.org/

As we walked around we found a little bit of everything to take pictures of, like this cactus


Tacky tourist items

and flowers
This building which I think is a private home had beautiful landscaping. Jim and I both took pictures and I love each of them







these pictures don't really show the true color of the adobe

































this shot that Jim took shows the color best, but it's a deeper shade than pictured here.



San Albino Church, for some reason it was closed.


We had lunch at Double Eagle Restaurant, www.double-eagle-mesilla.com We sat in the courtyard and as you can see from the pictures below it is beautiful





As we sat awaiting our drinks more and more diners arrived so we were lucky to get these shots



Scotty got a burger, Anne had sliced brisket, Jim had Seafood Rellenos and I had a cup of New Mexican tortilla soup and ceviche Mesilla. Both of my choices were very tasty with some heat from peppers that pleased me. Jim and Scotty had a beer while I had a margarita and Anne had coffee. The prices on the food were reasonable but I think the drinks were overpriced.



Very nice table settings

and the doors and art were pleasing to the eye.
After lunch we hit a few more shops then headed back to the truck and home. Jim took a nap and I watched my soaps and read for awhile. Around 1600 I joined Anne outside and we chatted while we drank our coffee. Jim and Scotty came out and we ended up making plans for future stops.
I don't think any of us wanted dinner, but we made note of a custard shop just down the road so it was time for dessert! I did not partake but from some of the sounds I heard they enjoyed it. Back home we split up for the evening going to our separate abodes.


"History with its flickering lamp stumbles along the trail of the past, trying to reconstruct its scenes, to revive its echoes, and kindle with pale gleams the passion of former days. ~Winston Churchill"













No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!