Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Falcon Dam

Up at 0630, it’s still dark at that hour. I did some exercises then made my coffee. Once daylight appeared I couldn’t help but notice that it was misty and foggy outside. I woke Jim at 0800 and we had pancakes and sausages for breakfast using up the leftovers from yesterday.

I mentioned the noisy campers in my last post but I have to admit that after darkness fell it did quiet down and no one disturbed our sleep.

Around 1000 this morning I saw a bunny rabbit in our yard. No picture because I’m sure once I open the door he’ll bolt. Kinda nice to have an Easter Rabbit today….

The sun started to peek out around 1130. Having a cloudy start to the day does keep the temperature down.

We had hot dogs for lunch in the comfort of our home. After that wonderful meal we headed out to see Falcon Dam. Drove all the way across to Mexico and back! It really wasn’t much to look at but we had to check it out.

It was hazy and Jim tried to get some good pictures of the lake but no go....





Spillway



there's one of these on either side of the border




Back in the USA we showed our passports and went home. There was a line of cars to get into the park and we sat in traffic about 20 minutes.

Big excitement. We lost our power for about 30 minutes and it turns out we tripped the breaker….LOL So we suffered for naught. Without air conditioning at 1530 in the afternoon is not a good thing when it’s 90 degrees outside.

For dinner Jim grilled some salmon for me and a steak for him. We also had mashed potatoes and a salad. And a lovely glass of wine.


Sonsearae spent time in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and she sent me some Saints decals.

Doesn't that look nice on our rear window? Who Dat
We're moving on tomorrow and meeting up with Anne and Scotty......
Happy Easter
And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here. ~St Augustine






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!