Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ochlockonee Bay

The view out our back window is Ochlockonee Bay. When I sent out our location to family and friends last night I neglected to say this and Sonsearae told me the name of it...

Today was a full day. I was up later than normal but we're in the eastern time zone, so maybe I was up at the normal time....I don't know. I do know I slept well last night, but Jim didn't. Boo slept very well. He was awake most of the day. He doesn't sleep when we travel and when we got here yesterday Sonsearae was waiting for us. Boo finally slept after our company left.

Karen Sweat called while Jim was having his coffee and he chatted with her and Dave for a bit. We met this couple in Mission, Texas. They're back in Monroe, Michigan.

Once Jim got up I started a load of laundry. Had it in the dryer and another load going before we left to visit Sonsearae and Chris. On the way we stopped at Walmart and fueled up at $2.18 a gallon. Elsewhere it's going for $2.29. Gotta love those Walmart gift cards.

The GPS took us to the wrong street and I had to call to get directions....who knew there were two streets with the same name!

We finally arrived and the four of us sat and talked for awhile. Them we split up and the guys went to the mall and we ladies went to the grocery store. We needed some stuff for our dinner and I needed salad fixins for us. Guess what? The mall was closed! I guess we didn't realize it would be closed for Easter. Jim just wanted to get some information from Verizon. So we'll go back later in the week.

Once we ladies returned with our purchases we got busy fixing the potatoes and salad. For dinner we had grilled steak, roasted potatoes and a mixed veggie salad. It was all very tasty.

After dinner we played a game that was fun. Something to do with apples......sorry I can't remember the name of it. But it's a fun word game.

Then Chris fixed us a dessert that was yummy. It was a pancake, baked in the oven with banana's and caramel sauce. Walnuts were sprinkled on top.

We got home just in time for the sun to set. We've taken our showers and I'm drying a load of laundry.

I have pictures but they're on Jim's camera and it's in the truck....my camera died this morning.

Tomorrow Sonsearae and Chris will be working and we'll be calling emergency road service to get our treadless tire replaced.

Hope ya'll had a lovely Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!