Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Dreary Weather

It's been cold and dreary the past couple days. We mostly stay indoors and watch tv, read, play games on the computer or in my case crochet.

Yesterday Anne and I went out and one of our stops was the Veterans Memorial here in Mission. It's in the Convention District behind the the Convention Center. We were both impressed by the size of it! It covers all the conflicts our country has been in. There's no way I can do justice to it with these few pictures. If you're in the area be sure to stop and see it.

There are statues of women
and Men

Some of the bricks are engraved with names of the fallen. There are walls of names of those who have fallen. I want to go back on a sunny day to get a better look at all of it.
I think I mentioned our bike ride in the state park the other day. I took these pictures and forgot to post them

The butterfly population has dropped but if you're patient you can still find them and get some pictures.



The park didn't suffer much from the freeze we had and seeing the green against the blue sky was simple gorgeous.


The palm trees are pretty
Today was a good day to stay inside. Mid 50's and no sun. Anne, Scotty, Jim and I went to the movies and saw Old Dogs with John Travolta and Robin Williams. Funny movie! The four of us laughed a lot...I laughed so much I had tears running down my face. Good movie to see on a dreary day!
After the movie the four of us had dinner at Chili's and we got home just before 2000.





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!